HALO Urban Regeneration Company is looking for a HALO #Rockstar to join our Enterprise team at our 49,500sqft state of the art HALO Enterprise and Innovation Hub in Kilmarnock, Scotland which is currently scheduled to open in May 2021.
The Start Date for applications begins June 2021
Closing dates for applications 30th April 2021
Position: – Partnership Manager
We are looking for a pioneer who can use their own initiative to drive an entrepreneurial culture and community where start-up, scale-up and established business can create a new Tomorrow’s World. HALO Enterprise and Innovation Hub strives to create a unique workplace providing the right balance between allowing companies and their employees to work independently and spaces that allow them to collaborate with others. Your primary responsibility, alongside the rest of the team, is building the HALO ethos, culture and community. We want HALO to be the place where anyone interested in growing a business chooses its location. Exciting and brand-new role working with a collective of over 100 Tech-related companies, in sectors as diverse as Virtual / Augmented Reality, 5G communications, Energy Technology, Education Tech, Medical Tech and Gaming. The role encompasses promoting new partnerships, account managing existing partnerships, market research, outreach and event management. This role would suit a tech-savvy individual who combines a passion for emerging technology with business/events/sales competencies. Skill/experience required
- Previous experience in a role that has included Business Engagement / Relationship Building / Business Development in the technology and digital space (ideally with an understanding of marketing, research & development funding, and technology start-up and scale-up)
- Knowledge of technology through education or professional experience, ideally in at least one of Mixed Reality (Gaming), Cyber and AI Data Science.
- Ability to build relationships within the technology community in Scotland, UK and Globally and promote partnerships.
- Experience working within a tech start-up/accelerator environment is desirable but not essential.
- Experience working with businesses in an account management environment.
- Experience in organising and managing events, outreach and communications projects.
- Ability to organise and coordinate events and programmes with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Good communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- A network of existing relationships with leading technology businesses, industry leaders, and an understanding of their strategic interests.
- Researching and analysing the tech start-up / scale-up market to identify emerging partnership opportunities.
- Developing outreach activities and events to attract potential partners.
- Identifying and tendering strategic innovation programmes.
- Support the Innovation Programme Delivery team with programme design, stakeholder, and cohort recruitment.
- Pitching partnership opportunities to targeted technology vendors
- Structuring, negotiating and executing partnership deals, both taking the lead and supporting the CEO when required.
- Managing internal stakeholders to ensure each partnership is supported by a clear set of objectives that reflect the interests of all relevant stakeholders.
- Account managing specified partnerships, being the single point of contact, ensuring a strong relationship is established and there is a robust performance management framework to support each partnership’s objectives and KPI’s.
- Reporting on progress both in terms of deal pipeline, and performance of completed deals.
This isn’t a typical role! We’re looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for emerging technologies. You’ll need to love tech and relish bringing together individuals and creative thinkers and curating activities that will generate new partnerships and collaboration. If this sounds like the role for you, please apply today! We are arranging initial informal candidate briefings to take place over the next couple of weeks. Salary is £30,000 for the 28 hours / four-day week (equivalent to £37,500 for a 35 hour / five-day week) plus a potential 10% bonus, related to performance.