Yet another exciting week for the HALO team!
East Ayrshire Council granted planning permission in principle to The HALO Kilmarnock and Marie Macklin CBE returned to Belfast to continue to explore further opportunities for a second HALO urban regeneration development in Northern Ireland.
Marie and the HALO Belfast team met with business leaders and politicians to discuss opportunities, the economy, jobs and innovation.
Highlights from the two day visit included:
- Meeting Jane Adams, an inspirational woman and entrepreneur who is dedicated to her local community and her business ventures that include: Sylvester Café and Manny’s Fish and Chips.
- Meeting with Lynn Carvill, CEO at Women’s TEC, to establish a partnership agreement that will open up more female job opportunities. Women’s TEC are the largest quality provider of training for women in non-traditional skills in Northern Ireland.
- Discussing potential opportunities for HALO Kilmarnock and HALO Belfast with Paul Lawther, Head of Onecom NI, the UK’s largest independent business telecommunications provider.
- Meeting with Sinn Féin Councillors Ciaran Beattie and Deirdre Hargey, GroupParty Leader on Belfast City Council and Sam Baker, Chair of Belfast Sinn Fein.
- Meeting with Councillors Phillip Brett, Brian Kingston and Frank McCoubre from the Democratic Unionist Party.
- Follow on discussions with the economic development department at Belfast City Council and Invest Northern Ireland at the stunning Belfast City Hall.
Thank you to the HALO Belfast team: Gerry Carlile, JP Irvine and the team at Keystone Law, Brian Loughran from Radius CF and Derek Weir.